Hi Eddie, what was your thought process behind starting your own business?
Alright, so let’s move onto what keeps you busy professionally?
If you had a friend visiting you, what are some of the local spots you’d want to take them around to? Where to start….so many terrific places here in CO Springs and our surrounding towns. Without any particular order and squeezing this in a week, everything starts with coffee! ….Bit bias for Mad Love Coffee of course, but have to cover Peak Place/Hold Fast Coffee Co, Frankly Coffee, R&R Coffee House, Perfectly Elevated Cafe’ and Loyal Coffee…And while we’re driving around, can’t forget about the other great mobile coffee businesses out here such as Campfire Coffee, Wheel Coffee, Sleepy Turtle Coffee Co, Sway Trailer, Huevones, and Legacy. For Eats, gotta go with Piglatin Cocina, Rabbit Hole, Skirted Heifer, Black Forest Cafe/Deli, Taste of Life, Coffee Cup Cafe’, Ramen Chops Noodle Bar and Speedtrap Bistro (Palmer Lake)….Drinks: Can’t go wrong with any of our fine/relaxing drinking establishments such as Pikes Peak Brewing/Lager House, Red Leg, Lost Friends Brewing, Ice Cave Cider House, 3 Hundred Days of Shine, Lee Spirits, Abby’s Irish Pub and finally Brass Taps where you can sample an assortment of local beers. For the outdoors, many hiking trails of course, but need to head out to Garden of the Gods to see its beauty, hike up the Manitou Incline or take the Cog Railway up to the Summit of Pikes Peak Mountain and take in the views. For people watching or shopping, has to be Manitou Springs, Downtown Co Springs on Tejon Street or Old Colorado City. Hmmm, may need 2 weeks for all of this!
Shoutout is all about shouting out others who you feel deserve additional recognition and exposure. Who would you like to shoutout?
1. Vinnie Snyder, General Manager at Peak Place and Hold Fast Coffee Co (Where we source our beans..yum). Vinnie took a lot of time to work with me on the training side of making quality espresso. What’s great is how much he cares and roots for your success. Their entire team and coffee are amazing.
2. Ryan Wanner, Owner/Roaster at R&R Coffee Cafe in Black Forest (also worked with me in learning the coffee biz). Great dude, staff and cafe’
3. Donna Poelstra and Annie Myers at Taste of Life in Monument (Great tasting Baked Goods). They create some wonderful tasting recipes/prepared meals etc..
4. Krysta and Vance at Congruent Services, superstars in servicing coffee equipment/maintenance. I purchased my new La Marzocco GS3 Espresso machine from them as well.
5. Madeleine Costa, Mikaela Powilleit and rest of the team at Succeeding Small, everything you need for website design, SEO, digital marketing etc…Top Notch all around!
6. Ali Taylor, extraordinary graphic designer for my coffee illustrations and menu for my trailer. Plz check her out at alismithtaylor.com.
7. Lindsie Blair @ everydaysummit.etsy.com, artist/designer of our Mad Love Coffee Logo.
8. Pat and Kerri at Colorado Caravan, renovation/restoration experts for trailers/caravans etc…. Creative experts who enhanced our coffee trailer both inside and out. Wow!
9. Ryan’s Small Engine Repair in Monument. Works magic on generators (vital to the mobile biz life!). Plus Tanglewood Trailers in Palmer Lake for any repairs needed.
Other: Email: email@example.com