We had the good fortune of connecting with Sydney Jackson-Clockston and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Sydney, can you talk to us a bit about the social impact of your business?
Before I introduce my business I usually introduce myself as an impact-driven social entrepreneur committed to creating transformative experiences. A mouth full I know, but vital. Consumers are getting smarter and our world at times can feel like it’s in dire straights. I believe that businesses that do go in their communities are beacons of light building social capital and trust. So back to why I introduce myself the way I do when discussing business. As a business owner, I believe that I am my business as much as my business is me. I am impact-driven and committed to creating transformative experiences therefore my business is too. Some of the ways that I have used business as a tool for good is by:
1) Offering free educational workshops and podcast to my community
2) Created a program called planting seeds. For every client, I work with I plant a tree in their name towards reforestation.
3) I sit on the Guided By Humanity board volunteering time and knowledge to another org doing a world of good
4) I am a Summit Guide (Mentor) for Colorado Young Leaders who do service-learning projects and receive coaching after school.
5) I donate money, but this falls last on the list because money helps but, actions speak louder.
What should our readers know about your business?
I am the owner of Citrine Unlimited LLC. Which in short is a coaching and consulting firm. I offer a variety of services including motivational speaking, virtual event planning, and hosting, meeting facilitation, and training. The road to get to where I am was not paved in gold. I had actually started a responsible travel business that was starting to successfully take off in 2019 and then COVID-19 hit. Fortunately, I am a stronger believer in being proactive so I had been able to see that COVID was coming to the USA in November 2019. I had to think quickly and pivot which is where Citrine Unlimited LLC came from. Citrine Unlimited LLC. is a Coaching and Consulting Firm that works with folks who are tired of business as usual. Traditional business has indoctrinated that cash is king and humans are capital. Citrine Unlimited LLC. transcends beyond this tired and frankly obsolete way of thinking. with the belief that business can be profitable AND have a soul through building sustainable cultures and utilizing emotional intelligence. Citrine Unlimited LLC. as a tool to inspire people, uplift communities, and change the world.
If you had a friend visiting you, what are some of the local spots you’d want to take them around to?
You in luck since I am a travel advisor from Colorado and I’m a big believer in exploring my backyard.
1) George Town Loop (worked there as a Mine Guide once) and Red Rocks
2) Cave of the Winds, Cliff Dwellings & 7 falls
3) Garden Of the Gods & Pikes Peak
4) Camping in Canyon City (Relax & Fish)
5) Royal Gorge and Train 6) Rafting in Colorado River 7) Head Home
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
Wow, There are quite a few folks who deserve a shout out from me and I’m going to name a few.
-Julie Clockston LCSW – Therapist, Teacher Extrodanar, and Worlds Greatest Mom -Lisa Mooney – Relator With A Heart Of Gold -Otisa Eads – HR and Operations Consultant Expert – Kite & Dart Group – Coaching That Thinks Outside of the Box -The Book ‘Who Moved My Cheese’ – For being short and having a point -To all the folks who sent me hate mail this year for speaking up about my experience as a Black woman working in a non-diverse field. What you meant for my demise only made me stronger.
Other: https://linktr.ee/CitrineUnlimited https://www.bonfire.com/store/citrine-unlimited/