We had the good fortune of connecting with Tamara DeAngelis and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Tamara, we’d love to hear more about how you thought about starting your own business?
I am fortunate that I’ve had the ability to try many career paths across the country over the last 10 years. I worked in software sales, for the Golden State Warriors, as a Flight Attendant, I coordinated weddings and even lived a year in Australia helping manage a restaurant. Each time learning more about myself and what I was looking for professionally, but I was still not 100% happy. I decided to take my biggest leap yet into starting my own business and I am so thankful that I did! I have always had a passion for Real Estate and I have found that it provides me with the autonomy that I had been lacking along with the ability to help others. Although having your own business comes with a set of new challenges, risks, and expenses (hello independent health coverage) the rewards truly make it worth it.
Can you give our readers an introduction to your business? Maybe you can share a bit about what you do and what sets you apart from others?
As a licensed Colorado Realtor I am able to help you buy or sell anywhere in CO. I want to be a source of knowledge for others and am here to help in anyway that I can. I have built my business off of referrals and my friends and family.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
– Have to hit up Red Rocks whether for a movie or concert its a Denver Must Do – Drinks at Avanti in Downtown Denver to watch the sunset against the Denver Skyline
– Take two days and head up to the mountains – I love Breckenridge. Summer go on a hike or winter hit the slopes!
– Stay: The Clayton in Cherry Creek – beautiful hotel and surrounded by tons of restaurants
– Eat on Larimer Street in Downtown under the lights
– Shop at Highlands Square
– Grab a coffee at Wash Perk and take a walk around Wash Park
– If you are up for an adventure (and have acclimated to the altitude) head to Colorado Springs and do the incline and on your way check out Garden of the Gods
– We love sports here in Denver so if you have a chance to catch a Rockies game or Broncos it is worth it!
Can’t go wrong with coming to visit Denver. There is something for everyone here 🙂
The Shoutout series is all about recognizing that our success and where we are in life is at least somewhat thanks to the efforts, support, mentorship, love and encouragement of others. So is there someone that you want to dedicate your shoutout to?
I would like to thank my parents for their unconditional support and for being such amazing role models. They started a business in the basement of our home and 20 years later they were able to successfully sell it with the ability to retire before 60. They were not only smart entrepreneurs but the best parents who were always at all of our sporting events and cheering myself and my siblings on not only on the court but also in life. I would not be where I am today without them and will be forever grateful for everything they have taught me.